Top holistic ways to find your calmer self and use the tips that make the most sense to you.
- Stretch > It feels good, it’s good for you and it slows you down.
- Walk in nature > Fresh air, birds, trees, and sunshine beaming down all have a calming effect on your mind. Even walking barefoot on the grass, sand, or even mud, allows your skins to touch nature and provide you with grounding energy.
- Enjoy a cup of hot tea > Sample different types until you find one that soothes you. Peppermint, chamomile, and green tea will all do the trick.
- Meditate > Clear thoughts from your mind with deep breathing.
- Exercise > Regular workouts combat stress and give you a dose of feel-good endorphins.
- Use essential oils > Just smelling a bit of lavender can help you shift to a calmer state.
- OMG Superfoods > We have designed a range of De-Stress products that can help you feel way better inside and out.
- Have music you love readily available > Make sure you have music you love at your fingertips. Crank up your favorite song, blast your favorite band or go Zen with your tunes.
- Take a bath > Bubbles and dim lighting can create a relaxing atmosphere. Wine optional.
- Clean and organize > Vigorous cleaning and organizing can give you a sense of accomplishment and order.
- Journal > Get what’s churning in your head on paper. It’s just cathartic and often the process leads to solutions.
- Smile > Smiling not only offers a mood boost but helps our bodies release cortisol and endorphins.
- Do one nice thing for someone > It’s human nature to help and it feels good for the receiver and the giver.
- Burn natural candles > to inspire a peaceful environment in your home.
- Spend time with your pet > Having a pet may help reduce stress and improve your mood.
- Minimize phone use and screen time > Smartphones, computers, and tablets are an unavoidable part of everyday life for many people.
Fortunately, several holistic approaches can help you improve your overall well-being.