Stress and anxiety are common experiences for many, interfering with our overall health, affecting our sleep, work performance, relationships, increasing anxiety, and much more.
Dial back on the stress with our top holistic ways to find your calmer self and use the tips that make the most sense to you.
- Stretch > It feels good, it’s good for you and it slows you down.
- Walk in nature > Fresh air, birds, trees, and sunshine beaming down all have a calming effect on your mind. Even walking barefoot on the grass, sand, or even mud, allows your skins to touch nature and provide you with grounding energy.
- Enjoy a cup of hot tea > Sample different types until you find one that soothes you. Peppermint, chamomile, and green tea will all do the trick.
- Meditate > Clear thoughts from your mind with deep breathing.
- Exercise > Regular workouts combat stress and give you a dose of feel-good endorphins.
- Use essential oils > Just smelling a bit of lavender can help you shift to a calmer state.
- OMG Superfoods > We have designed a range of De-Stress products that can help you feel way better inside and out.
- Have music you love readily available > Make sure you have music you love at your fingertips. Crank up your favorite song, blast your favorite band or go Zen with your tunes.
- Take a bath > Bubbles and dim lighting can create a relaxing atmosphere. Wine optional.
- Clean and organize > Vigorous cleaning and organizing can give you a sense of accomplishment and order.
- Journal > Get what’s churning in your head on paper. It’s just cathartic and often the process leads to solutions.
- Smile > Smiling not only offers a mood boost but helps our bodies release cortisol and endorphins.
- Do one nice thing for someone > It’s human nature to help and it feels good for the receiver and the giver.
- Burn natural candles > to inspire a peaceful environment in your home.
- Spend time with your pet > Having a pet may help reduce stress and improve your mood.
- Minimize phone use and screen time > Smartphones, computers, and tablets are an unavoidable part of everyday life for many people.
While these devices are often necessary, using them too often may increase stress levels.
The bottom line, although stress is an unavoidable part of life, being stressed takes a toll on your physical and mental health. Fortunately, several holistic approaches can help you reduce stress and improve your overall well-being.