Today, June 21st is the International Day Of Yoga.
Is yoga right for you? It is if you want to fight stress, get fit and stay healthy.
Yoga brings together physical and mental disciplines that may help you achieve peacefulness of body and mind, helping you relax and manage stress and anxiety.
Yoga has many styles, forms, and intensities. Hatha is one of the most common styles of yoga, and beginners may like its slower pace and easier movements, but most people can benefit from any style of yoga, it's all about your personal preferences.
The core components of hatha yoga and most general yoga classes are:
- Yoga Poses: are a series of movements designed to increase strength and flexibility. In a simple pose, you might lie on the floor while completely relaxed. A difficult posture may have you stretching your physical limits.
- Breathing: Controlling your breathing is an important part of yoga, in order to help you control your body and quiet your mind.
- Meditation: In yoga, you may incorporate meditation which can help you learn to be more mindful and aware of the present moment without judgment.
The health benefits of yoga
- Stress reduction: a number of studies have shown that yoga may help reduce stress and anxiety. Yoga can enhance your mood and overall sense of well-being.
- Improved fitness: practicing yoga may lead to improved balance, flexibility, range of motion and strength.
Achieving the right balance
Every person has a different body with different abilities. You may need to modify yoga postures based on your individual abilities. Choosing an instructor who is experienced and understands your needs is important to safely and effectively practice yoga.
Regardless of which type of yoga you practice, you don't have to do every pose. Good instructors will understand and encourage you to explore, but not exceed your personal limits.
Cherry on the top? Our OMG products with yoga is a match made in heaven, and can help you wind down, such as, Organic Mind Blend, Organic Ashwagandha Powder, Organic Lion's Mane Mushroom Powder, just to name a few.