We all know what beets are, you can see them in your salad, at the whole foods store, at every pizza shop and diner, but what you might not know is that this modest root vegetable is known to be a powerful superfood full of vitamins, potassium, and antioxidants, to support health across the entire body.
You don’t like beets? No worries!
Beet powder is a highly concentrated nutrient-rich form that includes all the same bonuses, that can simultaneously help give you healthy blood circulation and blood pressure.
Beet powder dosage
Two to four teaspoons per day is an excellent amount to include in your daily routine but if you’re new to beets, in general, you can start with a lower dosage of one teaspoon.
You could take half of your daily dosage in a sweet morning smoothie before an intense workout and take your second half during dinner or in a delicious snack throughout the day.
Beet powder is easy to include into your diet because the flavor isn’t overpowering.
Here are a few ideas for boosting your diet with OMG Beet powder benefits:
- Salad dressing
- Yogurt dips
Since our smoothie recipes are a classic, here’s one you have to try:
OMG Beet smoothie
1 cup of coconut water
1 teaspoon OMG Beet powder
1 handful of fresh berries
3 medjool dates
2 tablespoons grated coconut
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Add all ingredients to a blender. Put the mixer on medium or high speed until the frozen drink has a smooth texture and all the ingredients are combined. Serve it and enjoy!
Now let's go for a savory recipe:
OMG Beet Hummus
Hummus with Beetroot powder is velvety, light, and fluffy. It’s made with one secret ingredient which allows this hummus to be extra smooth, we bet you can guess which one that is.
- 1 15.5 oz can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed.
- 1 tbsp fresh garlic, minced.
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice.
- 1/4 cup tahini.
- 2 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
- 1 tsp ground cumin.
- 1/4 tsp salt.
- 1/4 tsp pepper.
- 2 tsp OMG Beet powder.
- 4 large ice cubes.
- To start, drain and rinse chickpeas then add to your blender or food processor.
- Next, add in the remainder of the ingredients: minced garlic, lemon juice, tahini, EVOO, ground cumin, salt, pepper, Beet powder and ice cubes.
- Blend on high speed for 45-60 seconds or until ingredients are well combined and texture is light, fluffy and creamy.
- Pour hummus into a bowl, and using a spoon create a swirl indent.
- Drizzle with additional EVOO, then sprinkle with beetroot powder, feta cheese and parsley if preferred.
- Best served with baked or crispy pita, chips or fresh veggies.
Discover in our powder an ideal daily companion for those much-needed smoothies and delicious snacks. Our beet is as pure as it gets and your body will love you for it.