The Fourth of July is here, the time each year when we celebrate the best way we know how, by enjoying with our loved ones and, oh boy… with so many delicious meals, it´s hard to keep healthy habits on check!
So, lets be clear... We can all have a great 4th of July while helping our body at the same time with all these nutritious recipes that we deserve to enjoy freely.
Oh! We almost forgot, all of our blends and superfood powders have a 20% off to celebrate the 4th of July! Remember to use the code “JULY20” and enjoy the discount here.
Now please jump in and check out these top 7 healthy recipes you’ll absolutely love!
Spirulina Green Smoothie
It's 7am and you know you have a big weekend ahead with your friends, so make yourself a green smoothie to jump-start all the goodness into your body. This delicious green spirulina smoothie is loaded with nutrients and is an absolute must-make, especially if you want to survive the 4th of July with a healthy start.
- Milk– 1 1/2 cup of milk, or any nut milk
- Spinach– 2 cups fully packed
- Omg Spirulina Powder- 1 tbsp
- Banana– 1 banana (frozen is best)
- Apple– 1 apple sliced into pieces
- Avocado– 1/4 avocado
Just toss the above ingredients into a high-powered blender and blend for about 30 seconds. That’s it! By the end of it, you’ll have a deliciously creamy and vibrant smoothie.
This Healthy Vegetarian recipe is the best and healthier way to enjoy nachos! You won’t believe how flavorful and light this dish is.
- 8 cups baked or low fat tortilla chips
- 1 1/2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup canned corn, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 small red onion, diced or sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 1/2 cups mixed shredded low fat cheese (I use a combination of mozzarella and cheddar)
- Beet Sour Cream made with OMG Beet powder
Beet Sour cream
For the Beets:
- 2 tbsp of OMG Beet Powder
For the Dressing:
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon sugar, or to taste
- Salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Fresh dill sprigs, or chopped dill, for garnish
Step 1. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
Step 2. Add the tortilla chips to the bottom of a large baking tray and arrange so they overlap slightly.
Step 3. Sprinkle half the cheese evenly over the tortilla chips.
Step 4. Add the cherry tomatoes, corn, black beans, red onion, and the bell pepper evenly over the top of the tortilla chips.
Step 5. Add the remainder of the cheese evenly over the veggies.
Step 6. Bake at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 6-10 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
Step 7. Make the Dressing
- In a medium bowl, combine sour cream, OMG Beet powder, sugar, and salt and pepper to taste, mixing well.
- Transfer the beet mixture to a serving bowl and garnish with dill sprigs or chopped fresh dill.
Step 8. Enjoy immediately with low fat sour cream, salsa and some fresh cilantro on top.
Want something fresh and sweet for the afternoon? Give these patriotic red, white and blueberry pops a try, there is no better summer snack for kids and grown ups!
- 1-3/4 cups vanilla yogurt, divided
- 1 tablespoon of OMG Energy Blend
- 2 tablespoons honey, divided
- 1-1/4 cups sliced fresh strawberries, divided
- 1-1/4 cups fresh or frozen blueberries, thawed, divided
- 12 freezer pop molds or 12 paper cups (3 ounces each) and wooden pop sticks
Step 1. Place 2 tablespoons yogurt, 1 tablespoon of OMG Energy Blend, 1 tablespoon honey and 1 cup strawberries in a blender; cover and process until blended. Remove to a small bowl. Chop remaining strawberries; stir into strawberry mixture.
Step 2. In blender, process 2 tablespoons yogurt, remaining honey and 1 cup blueberries until blended; remove to another bowl. Stir in remaining blueberries.
Step 3. In each mold, layer 1 tablespoon strawberry mixture, 2 tablespoons yogurt and 1 tablespoon blueberry mixture. Top with holders. (If using paper cups, top with foil and insert sticks through the foil.) Freeze until firm.
Fresh fruit salad
This refreshing fruit salad is a classic combination that will be the favorite at any cookout. Serve with a creamy yogurt dressing to take this side (or dessert) to the next level.
- 2 cups diced fresh pineapple
- 1 pound strawberries, hulled and sliced
- ½ pint blackberries, halved
- 4 ripe kiwis, peeled, halved and sliced
- 1 cup Lime Yogurt Fruit Salad Dressing (optional; see associated recipe)
- Top it off with OMG Cacao nibs
Step 1. Combine pineapple, strawberries, blackberries and kiwi in a large bowl. Serve with yogurt dressing, if desired.
Step 2. Sprinkle OMG Cacao nibs
Raw Maca Avocado Cacao Truffles Recipe
Yes, they are as good as they sound, and they sound amazing. These little bites are high in fat, low in sugar, and are packed with healthy nutrients for sustainability.
- 1 avocado
- 1/4 cup + 1 tablespoon cacao powder
- 3 tablespoons date paste
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon OMG Maca powder
- Pinch of Himalayan salt
Step 1. Place all ingredients in a food processor and blend until smooth.
Step 2. Form into balls and roll in your chosen coating.
Step 3. Store in the refrigerator where they will harden up in about an hour.
Raw Brownie & Spirulina Coconut Slice
This dessert is not only crunchy and sweet, but, number one has a brownie, and number two, it's packed with nutrition.
For The Brownie
- 100 g walnuts
- 100 g pecans
- 425 g dates pitted and quartered (if hard, soak in hot water for 10 minutes and drain)
- 60 g OMG Cacao powder
- a pinch of salt
For The Coconut Topping
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp rice malt syrup
- 280 g dessicated coconut
- 4 tbsp coconut milk
- 1 tsp OMG Spirulina powder
Step 1. Place the walnuts and pecans in a food processor, and process until finely ground.
Step 2. Add the cacao powder and sea salt and pulse to combine. Transfer to a bowl and set aside.
Step 3. Add the dates to the food processor and process until small bits remain. Remove and set aside.
Step 4. Add nut and cocoa mixture back into food processor. Whilst processing, drop spoonfuls of the date mixture down the food processor spout and process until a dough consistency is achieved.
Step 5. Add the brownie mixture to a 20x20cm brownie pan lined with baking paper. Use a spoon to press the mixture down evenly and all the way into the corners.
Step 6. Top make the coconut topping, blend the coconut oil, rice malt syrup, dessicated coconut and coconut milk in a food processor.
Step 7. Divide the mixture in half. Set half aside and keep the other half in the food processor. Add the spirulina powder to the processor and mix until combined.
Step 8. Tip the spirulina mixture on top of the brownie mixture in the prepared pan, and press the mixture down firmly with a clean spoon.
Step 9. Tip the plain coconut mixture on top of the spirulina mixture, and press down again with a clean spoon.
Step 10. Place in the fridge overnight, then slice and serve.
Maca Energy bites
If so many days of celebration is starting to take it's toll, give yourself a natural energy boost with these delicious bites.
1/2 cup raw pepitas
1/2 cup raw sunflower seeds
1/2 cup raw pistachios
1 T OMG maca powder
1 T chia seeds
10 medjool dates (pits removed)
1/2 teaspoon sea salt.
2-3 T water
Step 1. In a food processor, grind up the pistachos, chia seeds, sunflower seeds, pepitas, sea salt and maca powder to a coarse consistency.
Step 2. Then add in the dates and continue to pulse.
Step 3. Lastly, add in the water, 1 tablespoon at a time until a dough starts to form.
Step 4. Roll into balls and place in the fridge to firm up. It should only take a minute or two.
Go on and give these recipes a try, they will help you have the healthiest holiday yet and while you’re at it enjoy 20% off sitewide.