OMG’s ideal green smoothie bowl has a super bright green color (achieved with lighter-colored berries and loads of greens), nut butter for extra protein, avocado for healthy fats and richness, flaxseed meal for fiber, OMG Organic Detox Blend to flush out the nasty toxins, and natural sweetness from frozen bananas.
• 1/4 ripe avocado
• 2 medium ripe bananas (previously sliced and frozen)
• 1 cup fresh or frozen mixed berries
• 2 large handfuls spinach
• 1 small handful kale
• 1 1/2 – 2 cups unsweetened non-dairy milk
• 1 Tbsp flaxseed meal
• 2 Tbsp salted creamy almond or peanut butter (optional)
• 2 Tbsp OMG Organic Detox Blend
• Roasted unsalted sunflower seeds
• Raw or roasted nuts (almonds, pecans, walnuts, etc.)
• Shredded unsweetened coconut
• Fresh berries
• Hemp seeds
• Add all smoothie ingredients to a blender and blend until creamy and smooth. Add more almond milk (or water) to thin.
• Taste and adjust flavor as needed, adding more ripe banana (or maple syrup) for added sweetness, more spinach for a bright green hue, or almond milk for creaminess.
• For the green smoothie, I used strawberries, which let the green color come through more. For the purple bowl, I used darker berries (raspberries, blackberries, blueberries).
• For more protein, add nut butter! This also offsets/enhances the natural sweetness of the smoothie.
• Divide between 2 serving bowls (as original recipe is written // adjust if altering batch size) and top with desired toppings!
• Best when fresh, though leftovers can be kept in jars in the fridge for up to 1-2 days.
Give this recipe a go, you'll love it!