Sometimes you just need something indulgent and you need it fast.
This red velvet smoothie captures the flavors and colors of red velvet cake but with wholesome ingredients like banana, beet powder, cacao powder, and dates.
Just 5 minutes, 1 blender, and 6 ingredients are required for this incredibly satisfying smoothie inspired by red velvet cake.
- 2 ripe, frozen bananas
- 1/3 cup OMG beet powder
- 2 Tbsp OMG Cacao powder
- 2 pitted dates
- 3/4 cup dairy-free milk, (we like coconut or almond)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
FOR TOPPING optional
- Cacao powder or Beet powder
- Coconut whipped cream
- Add all ingredients to a high-speed blender and blend until creamy and smooth, adding more dairy-free milk as needed to help blend.
- Taste and adjust flavor as needed, adding more dates for sweetness, beet powder for earthier flavor / more intense magenta color, or cacao powder for a richer chocolate flavor.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!