Let's jump straight into it! Ferpection is in every step that we take towards accomplishing our goals. It is in making mistakes, doubting, stopping and continuing. It's believing in the process, and not only in the final prize.
Change one little thing every day, do something you didn't do the day before, that's ferpect! Want to hear more examples? SURE! Getting up earlier, lowering your sugar intake, having better relationships with those around us, taking a moment to meditate, getting back into training to feel more alive than ever. All of this is ferpect, because you're just trying.
Society and various brands bombard us with images of a perfect and unattainable world, making it very hard for us to escape from the perfection trap. One may say that perfection is the action of improving something until it is faultless, that is obviously not real! For us, perfection is just an imposed culture of never feeling satisfied with ourselves, never being good enough… At OMG we believe that ferpection is in every small step that lead towards the best version of ourselves, thriving on the idea of loving who we are no matter what stage of the process we are at of being as healthy as we want to be. How? By joining you on this journey, helping you achieve personal goals through cultivating happiness that is nurtured in healthy and powerful new habits and introducing you to our organic nutrient-rich products that can help you reach an optimal wellness.
WE WERE BORN TO BE OUR TRUE SELVES, NOT TO BE PERFECT!
“Perfectionism is the belief that if we live perfect, look perfect, and act perfect, we’ll escape the pain of criticism, ridicule, judgment, and shame. It’s a shield. Perfectionism is a 20-ton shield that we lug around thinking it will protect us, when, in fact, it’s the thing that’s really preventing us from taking flight.” – Brené Brown University of Houston research professor & author of two #1 New York Times Best sellers.
The bottom line? It's okay to mess up as long as you are willing to try again.
Enough said, let's dive straight in!
We want to share timeless tips to overcome perfectionism and start living in a more mindful and happier way. Don't let yourself be overwhelmed, use them as a guide, and focus on applying just one or two a day. As you work on them, you'll find yourself becoming more conscious in creating the life you truly deserve.
- Focus on what's positive: For everything that you're not happy about, challenge yourself to identify three things you do appreciate.
- It's okay to make mistakes: When we allow ourselves to be at fault, we realize that it is not the end of the world when we "fail". They're opportunities that help us grow and learn.
- Set reasonable expectations: you will feel waaay less stressed and confident when you set realistic goals that are achievable.
- Learn to receive criticism: Try not to take things so seriously because that will lower your self-esteem. Try to recognize that criticism can be helpful.
- Less pressure on yourself: Be kind to yourself and practice self-acceptance. There is no such thing as being "perfect", but we can be proud that we are doing our best.
- Say bye to negative influences: It's important to stay on top of how social media, podcasts, books, movies, magazines and TV, can reinforce perfectionism. Try limiting these channels.
- We are nothing without our personality: don't change your identity for anyone or anything. The people who love you, will accept you the same with all your imperfections.
- We could be happy or stressed out: Seek perfection = stress // Caring less = happiness. Guess which one we choose?
Perfection needs to stop and we all need to start loving and enjoying ourselves for who we truly are. Join us in embracing FERPECTION.