Okay, okay. So you’re probably wondering: “What in the world is Moringa?”
Moringa, also known as the drumstick tree, is a nutrient-rich tree, indigenous to the Sub-Himalayan regions of India where its fruit and leaves have been used for centuries for its high nutritional profile and healing benefits.
From smoothie bowls to cupcakes, this delicious yet super healthy ingredient goes great in *almost* everything. Need a little more convincing to prove that this ingredient is perfect for creating seriously yummy bites? Keep scrolling for 15 sweet and savory Moringa recipes to make this summer.
1. Whole Grain Moringa Bread
This Moringa bread recipe provides a hearty, nutty, delicious, whole grain bread. It is also a natural way to incorporate the benefits of Moringa into your daily life.
- 4 cups spelt flour (500g)
- 1 cup mixed raw seeds (150g) sunflower, sesame, pumpkin etc...
- 3 medium carrots finely shredded
- 2 cups of warm water
- 1.5 tsp yeast
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp of Moringa protein blend
- Soften yeast in warm water.
- Add all ingredients into a large mixing bowl.
- Mix till moist dough forms or all ingredients are moistened. If available, use a hand mixer or stand mixer with a dough hook.
- Spread dough into prepared mini loaf pans. Sprinkle the dough with sesame seeds (optional).
2. Healthy moringa oatmeal
Start the day off the healthy way with this recipe. Whip up this gluten-free and vegan breakfast that is sure to give you a boost of energy that will last ’til lunchtime.
- 4 cups gluten-free rolled oats
- 5 cups almond milk
- 3 tbsp agave syrup, or maple syrup
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2-3 tsp moringa protein blend
- 1/3 cup pistachios, chopped
- 1/3 cup dried mulberries
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut
- 2 tbsp chia seeds, optional
- In a medium saucepan, add the rolled oats, milk, vanilla extract, and maple syrup.
- Cook the mixture over low to medium heat, stirring occasionally, until some of the milk has been absorbed and the oats have softened about 5-7 minutes.
- Turn the heat off and add the moringa powder and the remaining ingredients. Stir and serve.
03. Moringa guacamole
- 2-4 Tsp moringa protein blend
- 3 Ripe avocados
- 1 Small red onion, finely chopped
- A handful of cherry tomatoes, washed and finely chopped
- 3 Leafy branches of coriander, washed and finely chopped – plus a few roughly chopped leaves to sprinkle
- Extra virgin olive oil (to drizzle)
- Juice of 1 lime
- Spices: salt, pepper, dried oregano, paprika, and crushed coriander seeds
Halve, stone, and roughly chop the avocados. Leave a handful of roughly chopped avocados aside. Pour the rest of the ingredients into a large bowl and use a fork to mash the guacamole and stir well. Add in the rest of the avocados and sprinkle some coriander leaves on top.
04. Moringa superfood smoothie
- 125ml plant-based milk (½ cup)
- l large banana
- 60g frozen blueberries (½ cup)
- 60g fresh raspberries (½ cup)
- 1 heaped teaspoon moringa protein blend
- 1 heaped teaspoon ground flax seed
- 1 heaped teaspoon maca powder
- 1 heaped teaspoon tahini
- Place all ingredients together in a jug for blending.
- Blend until creamy smoothie (add more water or plant-based milk if desired).
- Sprinkle with a little extra ground flax or fresh berries (optional).
- Best served immediately.
5. Creamy Matcha and Moringa latte
Mornings are definitely not easy, unless you have the perfect drink to wake you up, of course. Give your morning routine a little boost with this delicious latte that will have you *never* buying coffee again.
- Add all ingredients to the pot and warm on medium-low heat for 5 minutes.
- Add mixture to blender and blend for 20 seconds.
- Serve right away.
Ready to kickstart your healthy eating? GO FOR IT!