Starting with the basics, "Holistic living" is a lifestyle that nourishes your mind, body, and soul. In order to look at the bigger/healthier picture we are going to leave you some tips on how to live a holistic lifestyle.
- Practice mindfulness: Living in the moment is extremely important to living holistically. Not stressing over the future and trying to make the best out of a situation are valuable skills. Try to look at things more objectively, instead of deciding whether it's good or bad.
- Fuel your body with clean food: Eating clean and nutrient-dense foods keeps your body feeling amazing and strong. Instead of grabbing a burger from a fast food restaurant, try making your meals at home. Be sure to get fresh veggies and meat.
You can learn more about proper nutrition, a person's wellness story, healthy recipes and fueling your body with clean food here.
- Nourish positive relationships: Everyone gets into fights with friends and family. Sometimes things just don't work out and you're stuck in an unhealthy pattern of living and no one wants to apologize and fix the problem. In this case, you have to move on, you don't want that negative energy in your life.
- Grow: You don't have to change all of a sudden but do try it one step at a time, day by day. It will take time but you will be a spectator to your progress.
- Connect: Get in touch with others who are on the same page as you. You will find it much easier to start living holistically by being around people who have already chosen this path. You''make new friends and they will help you on the path towards a better life.
- Be aware: Life sometimes hits you all of a sudden and if you're not ready for it, it may not go as well as expected. Be aware of your surroundings and try to make the "best" out of a bad situation. Look at things objectively and learn, observe and research.
- Meditate: Sit down, relax and focus on your breathing. Meditation is proven to be a very effective method of dealing with stress and helps people make more sound decisions.
Want to do a guided 10 minute meditation right now?:
- Stay active: If you have energy after work, go for a jog. Keep your body constantly active, it will improve stamina and you will feel great.
- Eat superfoods with every meal: kale, avocado, chia seeds, blueberries, apples, spinach, quinoa, all these foods help you cleanse and strengthen your immune system.
- Food as medicine: Ginger, garlic, vitamin C are all used for fighting colds & flus. Honey has an antibacterial effect for cuts and acupuncture is used to treat hormonal imbalances and herbs and organic blends are a great way to detox & boost your energy.
Here are some OMG Blends that will help you out along your journey and will become your best friend: Organic Detox Blend and Organic Energy Blend.
- Use natural products: Our skin is the largest organ in our body and everything you put on it is absorbed into the bloodstream, so make sure your skin care products are natural.
- Find ways to manage stress & practice them on a daily basis: Did you know that many illnesses, lack of energy and weight gain are mostly due to stress? Meditating, yoga and consciously breathing are good examples to keep your stress levels in check.
You can also try 3 of our starlet powders that can help with your mental, physical and emotional stress: Organic Ashwagandha Powder, Organic Reishi Mushroom Powder and our Organic Lion's Mane Mushroom Powder.
Once you start to integrate these holistic changes in your life and it becomes a part of your lifestyle, you will feel whole, you will feel alive and most importantly you will be happy.